Starting the Holiday Marketing Countdown!
Have you visited a local retailer lately? If so, I am sure you’ve breezed past the Halloween costumes, light up jack-o-lanterns and perhaps succumbed to grabbing your annual bag of Candy Corn. But even more frightening… you may have been startled by a run-in with a pre-lit Christmas tree or gigantic bins of holiday GIFT WRAP! Oh my! Like it or not, it’s coming, and now is the time to plan and prepare your social media and marketing strategy for the holiday season.
Here are 12 tips to start you on the right path for the Holiday Season:
- Pace yourself. Don’t try to do too much too soon, but make a plan. If it involves changes to your website, contact your project manager now to get on the schedule.
- Market your business as a helpful resource, not just a sales pitch.
- Exclusive content will set you apart. Be intentional about collecting original photographs, stories from your staff or testimonials from clients who may have holiday marketing appeal.
- Create a schedule and build momentum. Plan a few marketing activities in September and October, and increase activity as the holiday nears.
- Plan to participate in Small Business Saturday – November 29th.
- Don’t neglect the tried and true. Email newsletters still bring great results.
- Prepare targeted lists or groups to serve the needs of identified segments of your client base.
- Pay attention to what people are saying about your business on social media and look for opportunities to engage, respond to questions or to thank an individual.
- Plan to share authentic experiences or stories from past holiday seasons that may get clients excited about what you have planned for them this year.
- Look back at popular posts and clicks to find out what readers may want more of.
- Plan your own customer appreciation event, perhaps early in the season before schedules get full. Collect emails at your event for further holiday updates.
- Make sure all of your holiday marketing is measurable so you can track your return on investment and plan for an even more profitable campaign next year.
At Vivid Image we are proud to partner with Constant Contact as our Email Marketing service and are ready to help you find the right fit for your email marketing strategy. For more information Contact Beth Holm at firstname.lastname@example.org or (320) 587-8974 with questions.