“Email is still powerful,” says Steve Gasser, owner of Vivid Image as he spoke recently to the Social Media Breakfast in Willmar on the topic of Marketing Automation.
His talk revolved around the premise that we need to look at behaviors, and then we can tailor email content to flow with this process. Emails should be personalized and nurture relationships with relevant messages.
Steve’s top 5 opportunities to better automate the email process:
- Welcome Emails: Triggered by a sign up, these are an easy version of engagement not to be missed. Consider incorporating a video or unique message. Be sure it matches your company’s culture and informs them of what’s next.
- Birthday Emails: As long as you have this information, use it to everyone’s special advantage. Send it out the day before and include a nugget of privilege with your birthday wish. If they haven’t taken action you can generate a reminder at Day 3.
- Abandoned Cart: Published in Jan 2016 from Baymard Institute, it’s figured that 68.63% is the average documented online shopping cart abandonment rate. So it would be wise to find a way to communicate to your shopper that you want them to return. Showcase the merchandise that piqued their interest and perhaps include a discount offer.
- Win Back Email: If you can be certain that you haven’t had repeat business from a customer in some time, it may be an automatic opportunity to reconnect once more.
- Tailored Content: Consider the life stage you are at with this client – can you enhance the communication and relationship with an easy automated message? Such as when shipping a product, send a personalized email that includes a link to an online tutorial or descriptions for assembly. And be sure your email lists are segmented so that when the time is right, you can target content to the proper audience and avoid clogging inboxes with irrelevant information destined to get you an unsubscribe.
Steve also advises that a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System will be an important tool for companies is 2016.
“Email is still powerful!”
These are some highlights of the entire one-hour presentation. If you are curious how email automation could work smarter for your company, contact Vivid Image for a deeper discussion.
The Social Media Breakfast in Willmar meets on the first Thursday of each month. Vivid Image is a supporter and organizer of the event. Checkout their Facebook Page for upcoming information.