With the constant changes in Facebook, marketers must be constantly changing too. Even if you have a great community of Facebook fans, it is important that you are connecting with them in other ways besides just Facebook. One way to stay in touch with your most loyal fans, is to collect their email addresses and be seen in their email inbox on a regular basis.
7 Simple Ways to Collect Email Addresses from your Facebook Fans
- Use a screenshot to show them how to sign up on your website. To make it easier to know where on your website to sign up, take a screenshot (I use Skitch) of the sign up area, and post that photo on your Facebook page with a link.
- Integrate an Email Sign up app on your Facebook page. Many email marketing programs, such as Constant Contact, will have sign up apps that you can activate on your Facebook page, to allow your Facebook fans to easily sign up via a tab on your Facebook page.
- Offer Incentives for Sign-Up. Besides great content, some people may be enticed to sign-up for a chance at a free gift or valuable content such as a special e-book or video. A weekly or monthly drawing that gives your subscribers a chance to win adds a fun element as well.
- Tell your Facebook fans what’s to come. If you have a newsletter with great content or offers, telling your Facebook fans who may not be on your email list about what they are missing, could be what entices them to sign up.
- Post a link to your e-newsletters on Facebook. This is one way to let your fans “preview” the newsletter before they sign up. You can choose to share each one or keep your newsletter more exclusive and just share on Facebook occasionally.
- Use Facebook’s “About” Section. The “About” Section in Facebook can include a link to your email sign-up form as well as links to your other social spaces. Just include the URL in the “description” field or wherever you think is the best fit.
- Hold a Facebook Contest. You will probably need to use a contest app within Facebook rather than just doing the contest on your timeline in order to collect email addresses. Choose a prize that helps to attract your most genuine fans to share their email address.
So, there are some quick and easy ideas that you can implement to help you grow your email marketing list through your Facebook Page. What else have you done to grow your email list or integrate your Facebook marketing with your email marketing? We would love to hear you comments and ideas below.
By the way, are you signed to receive email updates from Vivid Image? Just enter your email address in the box at the bottom right hand corner of this page! Thanks!