Inspired by both marketing campaigns from Nike and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MN, ‘DO’ is a powerful word to live by. After a long MN winter and several months of waiting to see how our economy recovers, if you aren’t DOing SOMEthing with your marketing and communications initiatives in your business by now, take the first step forward by following this simple list of 5:
- Review your Media Plan. What did you spend on your advertising, marketing/communications over the last year? Where did you spend it and when? Did you have a plan and stick to it or spend your dollars without any rhyme or reason? What kind of results did you see from the investment? What are you going to DO differently going forward?
- Review the Content on your Website. It’s Spring cleaning time! Think of your site like your closet. It’s time to look at your traffic/statistics on each page and posts to see what was worn the most and what was hardly touched and out of style. Take some action and get rid of pages or content that are not doing anything for you. Then add some new pages to your wardrobe and accessorize them with new blog posts, videos, or some graphics and photos that add spark and personality.
- Write 4 Blogs or Articles. Why 4? Well, not only is it my lucky number but it will get you through the next month at 1 post a week or through the next quarter if you simply are new to blogging and want to set smaller goals. Baby steps are better than no steps at all!
- Send out a Newsletter. Whether it’s your very first newsletter or you haven’t sent one out since last Spring, take your blog topics or articles and plop them into a print or e-newsletter and get it out the door!
- Focus on growing your Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn network. Pick ONE of the three. Make it a goal to get more “Likes” on your business page, find more Twitter peeps to follow (and follow you back) or add more connections to your professional network. Increasing the size of your network is one of the keys to a successful social media marketing strategy.