Why Blog? Blogging is not just for college students, DIY Mom’s, or tech-savvy people. Blogging is for business owners, entrepreneurs, and marketers like you! In a nutshell, blogging is adding fresh, relevant content to your website on a regular basis. Feel like you are in an industry where “nobody is blogging”? This is not an excuse for you to follow suit, but an opportunity to stand out to your customers, prospects, stakeholders, and search engines!
Reasons to Start a Company Blog Now:
- Share fresh information, such as company news or updates
- Give a behind-the-scenes look at your business
- Build internal and customer communication
- Be more transparent as a company
- Position your company as the expert in the industry
- Build trust with your customers my providing helpful information
- Address questions and concerns about your products and industry (when people are doing research on XYZ you want them to discover your website)
- Make your website more content-rich to search engines
- Show search engines that you are adding fresh, new content on a regular basis(search engines view the websites that are updated more currently, as more relevant, than those that are not)
- Create content to share via social media that drives people back to your website
There are so many great reasons to blog! But essentially, the benefits of blogging roll into three key areas. The three areas where blogging excels are customer communication, search engine optimization, and social media marketing! These 3 benefits of blogging all work together.
Blogging Improves Customer Communication
Blogging provides your customers with more information to help them solve problems, do research, or learn about other people in similar situations. Blogging also helps people to realize that you are more than just a company or storefront, your business has people who care and values like theirs. Think of blogging as another way to communicate with your customers and prospects that will continue to build trust and rapport.
Blogging is a Critical Step to Search Engine Optimization
Often business owners are quick to decide that they need to have a better presence with search engines by putting money towards Google Ads or other SEO activity. However, one of the key steps to making search engines favor your website over others is to have new and relevant content on your website on a consistent basis. Writing high-value articles about your company, products, and industry will do this and more. Blogging is fantastic for generating organic SEO results! Here is a great article on Blogging & SEO from Search Engine Watch Land if you want to learn more about how blogging affects Search Engine Optimization.
Blogging Feeds your Social Media Channels
Blogging also gives your website the content (food) needed to feed the hungry social media machines. When you are blogging, you always have content on your own website that you can share via social media, instead of driving traffic to other websites. Your blog content can be re-purposed in so many ways for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, and your email newsletter. Check out this blog post for 31 Ways to Re-Purpose your Blog Posts into Social Media Content to get an idea of the possibilities.
More Resources on Blogging: