When I gave a presentation that included”10 Things Facebook Page Admins Tragically Are Not Doing”, I had opportunity teach about the things I wish administrators would do more of in regard to their Facebook pages. Since I compiled a list of talking points to cover during the presentation, I thought they might make a great blog post to inspire others to get more out of their Facebook pages. If you have questions, please post on our Vivid Image Facebook page.
- Rearrange your Facebook page layout. Facebook rearranges things into a default arrangement that isn’t in your best interest. This will affect the order of your visible tabs.
- Invite people not connected to you to like your page. This is available after they like/interact with something you post.
- Add content to the description area of your cover image and profile picture. Put in your core information and website link, at a minimum. This goes for pictures too. Put in some information of what people are looking at and why you posted the picture.
- Make the name of your page and your address/email/phone information IDENTICAL to what is on your website and Google Local listing.
- Check for unofficial pages that Facebook has auto-generated. Go through the claim process to merge or unpublish them.
- Tag other businesses and people in photos and post updates when appropriate.
- Take the time to tailor your audience before paying Facebook to boost your post.
- Use video. Add it to Facebook natively if possible to do better in the algorithm.
- Follow the rules! Many copyright violations, as well as contest/promotion violations. Facebook has lots of rules that I see many people ignoring. You are liable.
Not sure how to get started? We can help! Call 320-587-8974 or email us today!