To write a great testimonial story or online review for a business you love, it’s helpful to include the following six topics. The purpose of a testimonial is to help other people realize the problems the business will help them solve and the fabulous solutions it provides!
- What do you like most about the product/service.
- Be specific. This will provide detail that people are looking for.
- What obstacle could have prevented you from using this product/service?
- Even the most determined buyer comes across obstacles. It may have been price, timing, availability or previous impressions. Sharing this information gives insight to businesses and it provides potential customers reality.
- How did you overcome that obstacle?
- This is a very important part associated with topic two. If you mention an obstacle explain how you worked through that concern. Without the explanation, you’ll leave people wondering.
- What is the biggest benefit(s) of the product/service?
- Share how this product/service has made your life easier.
- Would you recommend the product/service?
- While this may seem simple, stating the fact that you recommend something holds a lot of weight and adds impact to a testimonial.
- Do you have photos to add?
- Photos are a great addition to any testimonial or review.
When you are writing a testimonial for business these six steps are an easy way to make sure you are sharing appropriate information that will be meaningful to the business and potential customers. As a result you will end up writing more than one sentence and it will provide guidance to the business and potential customers. Keep these six steps in mind. Next time you get the opportunity to write a testimonial for a business, I bet you’ll get as excited as I do!
Would you like to see more customer testimonials from your customers? Ask for them! Read more about this topic in my blog post, Online Reputation: A Love-Hate Relationship. Make sure you know what people are saying about you online and ask for their feedback.