One of my favorite types of content to create and share is customer stories.
Creating a customer story starts with first asking one of your happiest loyal customers if they would be willing to share their story about your product, service or company as a blog post or testimonial.
If they say yes – then you can do an interview over the phone or via Zoom. You could also email them the questions to reply too. Some people also like to get the questions ahead of time to have some time to think them through.
Simple questions I like to ask are:
- What problem were you having before you got this product?
- How did this product help you?
- Would you recommend this product to others and why?
You can modify the questions for the customer or situation as you see fit, but I usually ask some variation of these questions as a foundation. From there you can create a blog post, using the answers to their questions and the other information they provided. Usually you can get some great direct quotes from these types of interviews to use in your blog post and other marketing materials as well.
3 More Great Tips
- Authentic Power! Let your customer review the content in order to offer any corrections or changes, and ask if they have a photo (or video) to include, too!
- Linking Power! I always like to let the customer know that we will include a link to their website and social media. It’s important that they understand that the story will be a win-win and offer them some PR as well.
- Social Power! This type of content often also does very well on social media since you are focusing on your customer’s unique story rather than just talking about your products or company. People like to read or hear about others they can relate to. Be sure to tag your customer in the social media post and encourage them to share the story too, however they see fit.
Customer Stories are a great way to amplify the power of your most loyal customers. Give it a shot, or reach out to us for help!