Have you ever used a social media calendar for your business or organization? If not, I recommend you try it. You can save yourself time and create social media posting consistency that can improve your engagements and reach on social media. How is that possible? Keep reading to learn more!
What is a Social Media Calendar
A social media calendar can come in many forms, but they all serve the purpose of compiling your ideas surrounding how and what you share with your audience on your social media channels. It gives you a place to organize your thoughts about what you what to share and then structure it into a regular, consistent posting schedule. Sometimes these calendars are created in a Google doc, Excel or Word document, Publisher file, visual calendar, or a third party application like Loomly.
5 Benefits of Social Media Calendars
- You stay organized and on track with your marketing strategy
- Saves you time coming up with ideas and writing posts when you do it all at once
- Saves you time designing graphics last minute
- Gives you the ability to schedule multiple posts at once
- Heightens your time efficiency so you can focus on other aspects of your business
Why Use a Social Media Calendar?
- Helps maintain a consistent presence online (& makes the Facebook algorithm happy!)
- Maintains branding & communication
- Frees up time to stay on top of last-minute events
- Maintains networking with local events, businesses and organizations
- Keeps your audience engaged
When creating social media posts it is important to remember that variety is key. Not every post should be selling something or strictly telling people what you offer. Relate posts to your community and the news and things that interest them. Create personality in your posts. Include people in posts when possible. Employees, volunteers, event participants, etc – these personal connections build engagement and interactions. Schedule posts in advance when possible. Take a strategic time to sit down, plan your social media approach, schedule posts and watch how that consistency can build efficiency and response, as well as move prospects from discovery through decision.
Does the idea of creating a social media calendar overwhelm you? This is something we will create for you. We’re full of ideas and LOVE creating these for businesses and organizations. Contact us for help with a social media calendar