As of April 2, 2019 Google+ will no longer exist. In 2011, Google launched Google+ (Google Plus, G+) in an attempt to compete with social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter, but it never quite received the same traction as those channels.
Google has consistently optimized their Google My Business platform, adding features and information fields that has made us wonder when Google+ would go away. The time is now.
How to Prepare for the End of Google+
- Check out Google’s recommendations
- Determine if you have a Google+ profile
- Notify any of your followers on Google+ that the platform is going away and invite them to follow you on another channel
- Download or save any information, photos, etc. that you want to save
- Remove mention of Google+ from your newsletters, emails, website, brochures, etc.
- If you’re not yet using Google My Business, reach out and ask us how to make the most of this opportunity!
- You already have a Google My Business profile? Make sure you’re using the Google Post feature.
If you have Google+ mentioned on your website or within other pieces of communication and you need our help, please reach out to your Vivid Image Account Director.Let us know if you have any questions.