Gain More Reach for your Content
Tips for Publishing on LinkedIn Publisher:
- Make sure the content is remarkable – something that people will want to consume and share.
- If the content is from your blog, re-purpose it or dig deeper into the content to better suit your LinkedIn audience. This includes re-writing, adding new contenting, and maybe changing the title.
- Add some interesting graphics, not just the header graphic but at least 1-2 images within the body of the post as well. Videos and quotes can be added as well.
- If the content is also posted on your blog, don’t make both posts live at the same time. Post the original content on your site a few days before your post on Linkedin to make sure that Google sees the content on your website first. Once it does, go ahead and post the content to Linkedin.
- LinkedIn uses “no follow” links so there’s no link building SEO benefit, but adding links can still be a way to drive traffic back to your website for conversions.
- Viveka suggests that long and deeper posts do better on LinkedIn Publisher are better then shorter posts.
- Share your LinkedIn posts via social media, just as you would any other blog post.
- Here are some more tips from Linkedin on writing long-form posts.
Special Thanks to Viveka von Rosen, LinkedIn Expert, for sharing her expertise. View this Blab for more insight —> How to Use LinkedIn Publisher to get More Visibility.
Get Started Publishing on LinkedIn
If you are nervous about writing your first post on Linkedin, you could also start by commenting on other’s posts. This will still help you to engage in meaningful conversation, get used to the platform, and may even generate new contacts.