Facebook continues to change things and their Creator Studio is a hidden gem that a lot of people don’t know a lot about. For most pages, it is hidden under their “Publishing Tools” but is also found at Facebook’s Creative Studio Page.
Over time, scheduling posts in Facebook have evolved. In the early years, we had to use a third-party tool such as Hootsuite to do any scheduling. Eventually, Facebook added some scheduling features into their status update box and then into a tool they call Publishing Tools. At this time, Publishing Tools is still available but many of its features are limited and not reliable. Publishing Tools will be going away soon and Facebook is encouraging people to use Creator Studio, which has many more features.
Main reasons to start using Creator Studio
- Schedule posts for when your audience is online.
- Scheduling helps you plan ahead & keep posts consistent (and is a timesaver!).
- Recency is a key Facebook algorithm signal (the newest posts go to the top of the newsfeed).
- It is easy to repurpose previous content or content between Facebook/Instagram & vice versa.
- Reduce the need to purchase a 3rd party social media scheduling tool.
- “Publishing Tools” is no longer reliable and will be going away.
Instagram & Creator Studio
- Facebook and Instagram Scheduling (Better searching and repurposing of content between Facebook & Instagram).
- Instagram account must be connected to Facebook account for eligibility.
- Scheduling Instagram posts was not previously available through Facebook or Instagram.
- Previous Facebook posts can be easily re-purposed into Instagram or IGTV posts.
- Instagram posts can also be drafted, scheduled, or published at the same time.
- Offers Hashtag Suggestions as you start typing.
- Learn more about Instagram Marketing in Beth’s post.
Videos & Creator Studio
- Bulk Video Uploading, Editing, Captioning (up to 50 videos at a time).
- A/B Testing for Video Facebook posts.
- Closed captioning videos are much faster, accurate, and easier to use than before. Captions will auto-generate and highlight questionable words to edit.
- Can add videos to playlists, series, and make available to other pages you manage to post.
- Video can be cross-posted to multiple pages or scheduled with different copy again.
Videos on Facebook can get 59%+ more engagement than any other type of content.
Facebook Stories & Creator Studio
- Stories are just live for 24 hours on top area of newsfeeds.
- SnapChat made story format popular, Instagram & Facebook joined in.
- Facebook Stories can be created on Creator Studio (but not scheduled) or directly from your Facebook app in your phone. Videos can only be posted via the Facebook app.
- No Instagram Stories functionality on Creator Studio yet.
Facebook is starting to make Stories easier for Brands but has a lot of work to do.
Looking for how to find new customers and increase sales, especially in your local area?
Request your free, customized Marketing Playbook today! Learn more and request yours today.