Do you struggle to find meaningful gifts for family and friends during the holidays? Consider donating in their honor to a non-profit organization that has meaning to them. The new year is right around the corner, which also means many people look for opportunities for year-end giving.
At Vivid Image we work with and support many non-profit organizations, whether it is by assisting with their website and marketing needs, financial donations or employee volunteer time. We try to do our part in supporting our community and the organizations within it.
If you’re looking for a non-profit organization to support, here a few ideas to get you started. There are so many great options that we could never compile a complete list, but wanted to share a few options.
Non-Profit Organization Giving Examples
- Children’s Home Society and Lutheran Social Service of Minnesota – Offering adoption services, always keeping the best interest of children as their focus.
- Eagle’s Healing Nest – Providing housing and support for veterans.
- McLeod Alliance for Victims of Domestic Violence – Helping men, women and children throughout McLeod County that are affected by domestic violence.
- Prairie Woods Environmental Learning – Providing environmental education and outdoor experiences to people of all ages.
- VEAP (Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People) – Providing people access to healthy foods, social services, housing stability and supportive services. VEAP also encourages donations to local food shelves such as McLeod County Emergency Food Shelf.
- Wheel & Cog Children’s Museum – A year-round, indoor space for children to explore and learn.
Do you have friends or family in southwest Minnesota? Here are some giving opportunities in that area.
Remember this is just a brief list of the possibilities that exist. Find an organization that has meaning to you and get involved in way that works for you. If you’re sticking more traditional and still looking for gift item check out Beth’s blog on gift ideas.