All too often websites get treated like a Ron Popeil Showtime Rotisserie, just set it and forget. Yes, the text and images that you added to your site were just fine when you put them up five years ago, but times change. Sure that photo of you with a mullet and Zoobas was in style at one point, but is it still working for you now? In order to draw people to your site and keep them coming back you, you need to perform routine maintenance on your site.
Well, what things would be considered routine maintenance?
• Copyright info at the bottom of the page
• Years in business
• Staff changes, have you added anyone new, are some no longer there?
• Phone number, did you get a new number?
• Email address, did you get a new email address?
• Address, has your address changed?
• Has the focus of your business changed?
Besides the items mentioned above it is important to go through your site a couple of times a years, and take a good look at it. Does the content still speak to your visitors the way you want it to? Are the photos still good visual representations of what you do or offer? Making little changes here and there once and while can really speak volumes toward your professionalism. So give your visitors a reason to stop by your site again and again, perform routine maintenance.