- Finally! Instagram embraced links and allows you to click on the “link sticker” to add a link in your stories.
- Instagram really went hog-wild and added desktop usability, so you’re not forced to do everything from your phone!
- Google My Business changed its name to Google Business Profile. All the same great tools, just with a new name.
- Google added the continuous scroll feature, which is super awesome. Instead of hitting the end of the first page of results, continue to scroll and get more options!
- TikTok explodes, rivaling Facebook and YouTube for views. This means we can see TikTok-esque videos on Facebook/Instagram=Reels and YouTube=Shorts. As of December 2021, TikTok has 689 million monthly active users and growing!
- Want to buy now, but pay later? Well the aptly named “Buy Now, Pay Later” is a 2021 sensation and game changer for businesses. Almost 62% of adults 18-24 used BNPL in 2021, a 61% increase over the previous year!
- With so many businesses being more digitally based, it’s helped many of them become even more profitable. Data from the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce & SBDC shows that 61% of businesses that feel “Digital tools are a core part of our business strategy and critical to our overall performance” have already reached or surpassed pre-pandemic levels.
- Google was certainly extra this year, rolling out a brand new way to be #1 in results- above the 3 pack of Google Local Listings called, “Google Local Services Ads“
- It’s back! 2021 saw a revitalized importance of direct mail. Everyone is spending more time than ever before at home, and mail is a wonderful touch point and break from digital.
We’re ready to see what 2022 has in store! Happy New Year!