My goal is to give bite-sized actionable items people can use to make their social media experience better. Whether you’re just starting out on Twitter or have been using it for a while, it’s important to review best practices, new tools, and things that you may have missed thus far that can help you get more out of your efforts. I’ve been asked to post a few of my tips, so here they are!
- No egghead; use a photo of yourself (profile pic 400×400)
- Use a cover image (1024×512 size; canva.com can create an image)
- Write a bio, keep it personable (160 Characters)
- Add your website link
- It’s not a broadcast or one way news dissemination device
- Find ways to have conversations with those you follow
- Follow back people who talk to you, retweet, help you, etc
- Find good people to follow by going through specific niche lists, but check out their use of Twitter first
- Avoid following egg heads, ppl with only one tweet, ppl with only links or automated posts (no conversations), no bio or location (these are often spammy)
- Blue verification mark means they are verified through Twitter
- Understanding #hashtags and best use of them by usinging, Hashtag.org or Trendsmap.com
Do you have a Twitter tip you’d add to this list? Let us know!