Why Use WordPress?
Its universal acceptance and global use makes WordPress a preferred choice of website platforms for a number of reasons, mainly due to the benefits of open-source code. Open-Source code allows everyone with a interest and skill in making improvements to do so. Suggestions, troubleshooting, and enhancements are all encouraged and welcome by web developers and website owners everywhere. With an estimated 60 million+ websites built on WordPress, it’s quite arguably the most popular website and blogging platform in the world – and “Why Use WordPress” becomes crystal clear!
Let’s take a look at why so many website developers, like Vivid Image, use WordPress so frequently.
Top 10 Reasons Why WordPress is a Great Choice for Your Website
- Lowered Barriers! WordPress is built on widely known languages and technologies that are easy to find and use. This helps keep development time efficient and costs lower.
- Incredible Flexibility! WordPress has the flexibility associated with custom programming,without the cumbersome complexities. Plug-in’s offer more flexibility and customization.
- Constant Improvements! Open-Source code means that WordPress has a great community of developers and designers who are always pushing it to be better, faster, more robust, and secure.
- Heightened Security! With millions of people using WordPress, thousands of developers world-wide working in WordPress, security issues stay a step ahead of threats. Testing and fixes are ongoing, as well as regular updates. The community of WordPress developers communicate continually and make sure security is at its best.
- User Friendly! Not everyone wants to be a programmer or website designer. Today’s online landscape requires simplicity with usability. WordPress is incredibly easy to update content for anyone, and simple to maintain.
- Scale-able to Time and Budget! Unlike a car, where you typically need to select everything you want up-front; engine, interior, exterior, upgrade packages, etc., WordPress allows you to build it one way to start, but then continue to add on and manipulate it to fit your ever growing needs as a business when time, resources, and/or budget allow.
- Cost Effective! Due to the flexibility of WordPress if your business goals change your website can change as well, without having to create a new website. Six months after launching your website you decide you would like to start selling product online, eCommerce integration can simply be added to your existing site.
- Search Engine Friendly! So much about WordPress takes web crawlers and search engine optimization efforts into consideration. With built-in SEO tools, as well as easily addable tools like YOAST, online marketing strategies get off to a great start.
- Fights Stagnation! We all know updating and adding new content is critical, both to search engines and customers. With WordPress, adding new content, blogging, and timely changes are very easy.
- Ideal for Businesses or Non-Profits of Any Size! WordPress offers small, simple websites, as well as very robust websites that integrate with other platforms for the latest in online processes and eCommerce abilities.
Want to chat about how Vivid Image can create a new website or redesign your outdated one using WordPress? If you need help generating more website traffic, leads, and sales for your business, Vivid Image works with hundreds of businesses and non-profits like yours. Contact us to get started! (320) 587-8974 firstname.lastname@example.org