You care about your brand. You work hard to grow your business and differentiate yourself within your marketing. But, there maybe something you haven’t realized that could weaken your brand identity a bit and it’s coming from LinkedIn.
Do you have a Company Page on LinkedIn?
If you haven’t created one, you should check to see if you have one that LinkedIn automatically generated on your behalf without your knowledge. I guarantee that if that’s the case, it’s isn’t branded at all.
If you don’t have a Company Page yet and can’t find one made for you by LinkedIn, now is a really good time to take the initiative to create one. Here’s why:
- When you build your own company page, you own it and have control from the start. The information you add is what you want publicly displayed.
- If don’t have a company page, but you have staff who have personal profiles on LinkedIn and are active, they are mentioning where they work. It’s confusing for LinkedIn, as well as other people to know for certain what company they are referring to. This can lead to an auto generated company page you didn’t create.
- Mistakes are made with auto-generated pages, like linked incorrect employees, confusing similarly named companies, and contact information. Who wants to lose prospective customers or employees to bad information?
- Auto-generated pages on LinkedIn can be a difficult and time consuming process to claim and gain control. In the documented claiming process, it seems straight forward, but in reality, it often requires contacting LinkedIn for review- and they’re notoriously slow to respond to customer service requests or questions.
- If you ever decide to use LinkedIn ads or paid hiring ads, having a company page makes advertising much more streamlined.
Need help with LinkedIn? We can help! Contact Vivid Image today at 320-587-8974 or email firstname.lastname@example.org