Remember the SNL skit of the Computer Guy who knows his stuff so well that he doesn’t allow any latitude for the poor lay person?
Those of us in marketing are guilty of thinking everyone automatically knows where and how to market their hashtags effectively, but the truth is a little patience and help goes a long way!
#Hashtags are only useful if people use them. You can’t expect people to use a hashtag if they don’t know it. The best way for people to know and remember a #hashtag you intend to use long-term is to see it everywhere. The strategies listed below may not work well for short-term, event-related #hashtags.
30 Common-Sense Places to List Your #Hashtags
- Sales receipts
- Punch cards
- Product labels
- Packing slips
- Communicate to all of your staff
- Facebook; info, posts, & cover images
- YouTube; info, updates, cover images, description fields of videos
- Twitter; info, tweets, & cover images
- LinkedIn; info, updates, & posts
- Pinterest; info, updates, & images
- Instagram; on every post
- TikTok; on every post
- Email footer and make sure everyone at your business has it consistently displayed
- Letterhead and snail mail correspondence
- Email blasts and eNewsletters
- Newspaper and magazine ads
- Event flyers & programs
- Sponsorships; ads, t-shirts, etc.
- Chamber Membership listing
- Any other online profiles or listings you have
- Vehicles or transportation equipment
- Blog posts
- Bio (guest articles or speaking engagements)
- Name tags at events
- Any promotional items
- Business cards
What would you add to this list? Let us know on Facebook!