Did Facebook prompt you to switch to their New Page Experience and now you’re wondering where things are at and how to use your business page? Quite a bit has changed with the New Page Experience and some features aren’t quite finished yet, but we remain hopeful that Facebook will eventually add them back in! It’s officially still in BETA, but enough of our clients have switched over that we felt it’s important to provide some basics to get started. Below is a cheat sheet to help you better understand the changes and be ready to use Facebook to engage your customers.
The Main Difference of the New Page Experience
Since the beginning of Facebook, the proper way to log-in and use Facebook is with a personal account. You’ve always used Facebook as a person who can then be added as an administrator of a Facebook business page. When performing administrative tasks your personal identity is hidden. With the new page experience, the main difference is toggling to use Facebook as the identity of your business page. All interactions are under that identity until you toggle back to your personal identity. The location for this is the carrot in the top right corner, which will produce a drop down where you’re instructed to “Switch Profile.” This is also where you go to switch back to yourself when you’re done using your Facebook page as an admin.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind to Help Guide You Through
- Not everyone has access to the New Page Experience, while others have been forced by Facebook into transitioning early. Also, if you are an admin of multiple pages, it is very common that some of your pages will switch over and others will not for a while.
- Meta Business Suite is more prominent and integrated with the New Page Experience layout and features.
- There is a combined Messenger Inbox for Instagram and Facebook, which is really nice and efficient.
- A/B testing of posts is available!
- Facebook Jobs is phasing out.
- The ability to leave reviews is currently missing (FB says they are still finishing writing the code)
- Navigation to Creator Studio isn’t built in yet- create a bookmark in your browser
- Page likes aren’t on the page, only followers are measured.
- Ability to like/follow other pages as your page isn’t working for some people.
- Official @PageName is removed from the top of the page under the cover image. If you look at the image of The Bridge for Youth’s New Facebook Page Experience, below you’ll see the name of the page, but not the handle. You’ll also see the number of followers, not likes.
Embrace Facebook & Its Changes
Here are a few more resources to help you get the most of Facebook.
- Facebook’s Official New Page Experience Update
- Mari Smith’s video addressing the changes and bugs associated with NPE
- Understanding Meta Business Suite tools
Still Need Help?
Our team works with businesses and organizations to help manage your social media, coach you to get the most out of your marketing efforts, and insure you have the best tools and resources to reach your goals. Talk to one of our business development enthusiasts today!